I have an addiction to Twitter, have had for a long time but never really Tweeted much myself until the last few months. Recently celebrities have begun to Tweet and also to add pics and videos. Probably the most well known was the recent meltdown followed by repentance by Ashton Kutcher. This quickly made the Huffington Post, various rags and then TMZ where many jackasses proceeded to well be jackasses. The Tweeterverse continues to be loving and supportive of the Kutchers (Demi Tweets as well and have to say I may have a girl crush on her) because that is what we do.The people on Twitter have been pretty much respectful of the celebs as far as I can see and I sure hope it stays that way. In fact the only asshole I have run across is that nasty pig @Perezhilton and I really think Twitter should ban him. I would not have known he was there at all except that he was harassing Ashton who should have reported him. I would have reported him if he said hateful things about my daughter. Calling her a whore seems to be grounds for being banned, don't you think?
At any rate I never really considered this before but you know seeing how Ashton and Demi and Soleil and many other celebs are sharing bits of their lives, parts that as fans we WANT to see, it seems like a great solution to the paparazzi. Why would I ever want to buy a magazine full of stolen pics and lies when I can open Twitter and see pics the celeb or their people have taken of them in the moment, doing stuff they don't mind sharing? I have had more of a celeb fix in the last few days from @aplusk and @mrskutcher than I have had in their entire careers from rags and paparazzi. I think most normal people feel the same as me about this, I really don't need to see Ashton in his underwear od Demi topless, I mean I would look I guess but I would much rather have the candid pic of him pulling out a nosehair before a Superbowl benefit.
My point here is that more celebs should do this, give the fans what you want them to have. I was really bothered by some interviews I have seen where the celebs lament the scrutiny they are under. It is almost embarassing when interviewers ask them stupid questions or are nosy as I feel that in some way they are representing me when they do it. I don't need to know stuff like that. Get yourself a Twitter account, have one of your assistants show you how to use it and give the fans what they really want. Because what real fans want, people like me who want to know you because of your work, not because of what the rags say, we want to see real stuff you want us to see in real time, instant reactions to what is going on in the world and let's put the paparazzi and crapholes like TMZ out of business.


1 comment:
Just to make you feel a bit better... I just "refound" a hidden bag of Recees pieces and had a handful for breakfast!!! UGHHHHH!!!!! I am still trying to lay of the sweets, mind you!!!! Take care, Leesa
Post a Comment