15 January 2009

Barack Obama at Madame Tusseauds

Barack Obama's wax dopelganger took office in several European capitals -five days before the real-life Obama takes over in Washington. In the Window of Madame Tussauds' in Amsterdam, a smiling Obama took George W Bush's place as well.
The sculptors at the Tussauds Studio’s immediately started to work on realising this figure as soon as Obama’s victory was announced. Madame Tussauds is located on Dam Square in the heart of Amsterdam, approximately a ten minute walk from Central Station.
Madame Tussauds is open daily from 10:00 am - 5.30 pm. Please take a look at their calendar for opening times during holidays. Madame Tussauds Amsterdam is also open in the evenings until 12:00 midnight for special groups with a reservation.
View Source: http://www.madametussauds.nl/english/index.html


*from Holland.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Right on! I coincedentally just posted about this too ;-) I plan on making a visit to see it myself soon.

Have a great weekend!

juliwalters said...

When I posted that I guess I did not realize the figure had been put in all of them.