Now that it is getting close I am so antsy to get going. It is a weird thing to live in two places, once I know that I am here going there or there going here I get in this weird sort of limbo where my mind is in two places. When I used to fly British Airways it would hit me as I made the hop over the North Sea, about halfway across as I watched the ships below, the United States would completely leave my mind and I shifted into Holland mode. I would think about the walk downstairs to gather my bags and then make way to the train or the taxi stand, depending on what I was doing. It was a bit different this last time as I had a direct flight out of Dallas so I didn't have that cooling off period in London plus I had Emma to think about. I love Schiphol and always wish I had more time to mess around in there. I usually take the Travel Taxi now as it is so efficient and saves B taking a day off to come get me as it always seems to be a weekday when I come and go.

I am really missing my Dutch kitchen. I cannot wait to get in there and make something fabulous, food just doesn't taste the same here, maybe because the ingredients seem so much fresher over there. I have to admit one of my favorite things is Kip Kerrie Cup a Soup!

I am guilty of staring out the window too. Well, not so much at the neighbors, I watched this tree go from bare limbs to beautiful pink. I have a much better photo but I cannot seem to find it. I cannot wait to have this view from my window again. I like to see the schoolchildren walking to the park every day. I think that is just so cool. I guess they are going to the park, I never really thought about it. However, that is from the opposite window, this is the view from the dining room.
3 comments:
¡Que cool!
Great kitchen! Great view! :)
Love your kitchen. I also love that cup a soup! lol The food does taste better here in alot of ways..more fresh I think. When is your official date to leave?
I am flying out Saturday. The movers will be here in a couple of hours and I am actually almost ready! The only cup a soup I don't really like is the Hungarian Goulash. It has a weird flavor but I like all the others.
Post a Comment