25 August 2008

Moving to the Netherlands

Was not all that hard now that I am here hahah. The trip was completely painless, my daughter dropped me at the terminal and as per usual at DFW, the check in counter is right inside the door. I soo love that airport, it is so easy to navigate, this may be because I have been there about a billion times but I think it is just very well planned. The flight was great, other than that they had me down for a low sodium meal AGAIN. I really need to check my settings on the KLM website because that is absurd. I am always happy to go low sodium but on an airplane that translates to inedible. I did have to ask the flight attendant if she had any normal food left and thank goodness she did have a lovely pasta and there was a piece of cake to go with my coffee later.
B picked me up right at the international entry and remembered where his car was (of course) so that went perfect as well. I was nervous about my bags as my entire life was in them pretty much but they arrived intact. When I opened the large bag I saw the paper showing it had been inspected but it had not unless the person who inspected it is a genius at putting things back where I had them. I have had my bags searched before and it did not look like that when I opened it. Poor guy probably took one look and said I am so not touching that lol.
I am amazed at how much I was able to get into my bags but also sorry about all the stuff that did not make it this time. I already regret sacrificing books for sweaters but was thrilled to see that I already needed a sweater as it was quite fresh and almost cool outside. A nice relief as it was 96 when I left Dallas.
So, B has gone off to the office and I am going to finish putting things away, run to the market to get a piece of chicken and a bottle of sauce then I will spend the afternoon vegged out in World of Warcraft. This evening it is pasta and a nice Australian Shiraz then I am back to work in the evening. It was nice to have a week off to get everything done but my checking account certainly reflects it.

4 comments:

Sonya said...

Yippee you made it ok!! the weather is so odd here isnt it. Right now it's 8 am and it's figgy where I'm at. Do you go threw jet lag at all? We had it when we came and none of us could sleep more than 4 hours for a week. I was a wreck..lol Anyway Welcome Back! or is it Welcome Home? LOL

Jules said...

Thank you Sonya! It was foggy when I came in, it is kinda weird here also, we live in Nieuwegein. I am just glad it is not hot. I don't get jet lag coming this way but I never have trouble sleeping, I can sleep anywhere anytime pretty much. I did have a nice nap today but I think I am alright, it is just kinda crappy because of the time difference I work until midnight and B has to be up at 6am for work.

Unknown said...

Welkom in Nederland! We are indeed having strange weather here lately, so it's great you brought the extra sweaters :)

Sonya said...

How is everything going for you??