I am getting ready to go back to Holland again. Bigger step this time. I am going to give up my flat here and put my things into storage. Then Ems and I will pack up all our girlie stuff and head over. Gah. Am I really doing this? I think I am actually. I mean I have been over there like a bazillion times and stayed up to a month but this time it is bigger.There is a lot to think about but over the last seven years we have sorted through most of it. He is sure, it is me that is holding back but then nothing really changes for him except that I am there. I know that is a big change but he is just giving up some space, I have to leave my whole life here behind. It is weird to think about the things that I will miss but the world seems much smaller than it did when I took my first trip. Flying direct to Schiphol on KLM has made such a huge difference.
When I was there in April we had enough time to get mad at each other and then get over it. I think that really made us closer because we did really have some problems but we got past it. It isn't like I can never come back home, I will be back for Thanksgiving and he says he will come along. The good thing about that is that I can then take SIX full bags back with me by using his allowance also. Just my winter coats would take up an entire bag. I know I have to really pare it down because we will not have near the room in our flat that I have now. The rooms are quite large but there is no real storage.


4 comments:
Good luck with your move!
Thak you Nan, and thanks for stopping by!
I know exactly what you're going through. The packing for a move like this is tough. I had to basically get rid of 38 years of my life or put it into storage in the U.S. I managed to pack the rest of my life into 2 suitcases weighing 50 lbs each and 1 carry-on. But I'm glad that I did. After a bit of homesickness, it's finally starting to kick in that this is home. Good luck with everything and I love your blog.
Thank you so much! I know it is going to be hard, I am still packing what I am leaving and think omg can I live without this? But I know I can, it isn't like I am moving to Mars. It is just hard to leave stuff behind. I get 3 bags to check and my dog is my carryon plus I can get away with a backpack or small purse-ish bag I hope. I did last time.
Post a Comment